Tuesday, September 8, 2009

lights on

11:30 p.m.
Thursday
18 April 2002


hope you'll enjoy reading..


_____________________________________________________________


11:00 p.m. on the dot
staring blankly at the clock
soft music fills the lonely room
adding gloom to the sad light of the moon
i let my mind drift
as i allow myself to fall asleep
yet no matter what i do
i still can't seem to get enough of you
i've tried to set things right
but it just weakens my might
i've got this funny feeling that this love is wrong
but why is it that every time i see you my heart sings a song?
& i just can't look into y9our eyes
because i know i'll melt like an ice
my mind is now in shatters
as my heart rattles
i now can't think straight
i'm already dizzy from all of this thinking
& as i leave my lights on
i'll offer a prayer to the kingdom of Zion
to guide you in your sleep
as the night becomes deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment