Sunday, August 31, 2008

WILD FLOWER


7:42 p.m.
Tuesday
29 July 2003

From the time we met, so much tenderness was felt and seen. Years passed, we remained faithful to each other. I loved him because of the enigmatic charm he exudes and that wild side of him.

Then came a time that the enigmatic charm made me so clueless about what he really feels. I was hopeless, thinking I have done everything and I wanted a way out.

I said, “I don’t want to go steady anymore. I want this ridicule to end” but he remained silent and still, then my hopes began to vanish.

“What can I do to change your mind?” he then asked me.

I slowly faced him, “If you were given a choice between two things for our love to survive, what will you choose? To pick a wild flower in the rocky mountains and die or you’ll change your attitude?”

He looked at me bewildered and said, “I’ll give you my answer tomorrow morning.” Then headed out the door.

Upon waking up, I found a letter in my dresser and recognized e scrawny handwriting, it read:

I won’t choose anything but please let me explain. I won’t change because you loved me the way I am and I will never pick that wild flower for you and die, I know you are wondering why. Of course, who would help you see the beautiful scenes when your eyes get blurred due to old age? Who would help you cross the street when you become an elderly? Who would hug you when you feel alone? Who would hug you when you’re cold? Lastly, who would say, “Yes, I do” to you I front of the altar? Who would do all these things if I die? Not until I a sure that someone will do these for you, I cannot yet pick that wild flower and die. If you changed your mind, I am at the porch swing with your breakfast.”

I then run outside and gave him a tight embrace with tears streaming down my face.

Now I know that material things merely enlighten a sometimes dull relationship but true love lying beneath the surface, although sometimes unseen, is the main foundation of a perfect relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Ang saya naman ng blog mo, parang koreanovela! hahaha!

    But seriously, I'm so glad that everything's fine again with your love life.

    Nakakatuwa naman--parang eksena sa pelikula yung nangyari sa inyo! Nakakakilig! {kinilig ako!}

    I think the blog theme you were using yesterday looks a lot better. That one compliments the photos that you post.

    Have a great day! ;D

    ReplyDelete